Today we’re continuing the conversation about creating sustainable habits for success. This is all about understanding how we create habits and what our brain needs in order to create long-term results.
If you haven’t already listened to Part 1 of this episode, make sure you go back and really take the time to get clear on what it is you want to achieve and the goal you’re working towards. I really encourage you to download the worksheet which will help you in developing the behaviours and habits that will contribute to achieving your goals.
We need to be intentional about creating habits for success. When we break down the elements of habits and really begin to understand the triggers and what our brain is doing, this is where we create massive results in our careers are lives.
Part 2 of this conversation is really about committing to those habits and knowing what you need to do in order to set yourself up for success. I share 3 important factors of developing habits for success, which are:
- Stop judging yourself. Instead of being self-critical, it’s about increasing your self-awareness and getting into a constant pattern of evaluating. I share some questions to ask yourself which will help you do this.
- Don’t rely on motivation. Start small to build muscle consistently and set yourself up for success, not failure. This means you might need to adjust your habits to make them as easy as possible with minimal resistance and focus on little things with a consistent goal.
- Track your progress. Acknowledging your wins is so important because this builds encouragement and motivation to keep going. Be clear on what it is you want and why it matters to you and track how you’re going.
We want to achieve big things in 2023 and I want you to end this year being a different person to who you are right now. If you are willing to apply these habits consistently over the course of the year, exponential growth will happen.
Listen to High-Performance Habits For Success – Part 1: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/high-performance-habits-for-success-part-1/id1636817058?i=1000592465397 or https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/leaning-into-your-zone-of-genius/id1636817058?i=1000575688882
Creating High-Performance Habits: https://www.beautifuldisruptions.com/creating-high-performing-habits/
Book A Session: https://calendly.com/beautifuldisruptions/free-career-strategy-coaching-session
Tiny Habits Change Everything: https://www.amazon.com.au/Tiny-Habits-Changes-Change-Everything-ebook/dp/B07R6VQBSZ
Atomic Habits: https://www.amazon.com.au/Atomic-Habits-Proven-Build-Break/dp/1847941834
Enjoy the show?
- Never miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or wherever you get your podcast
- Leave a rating & review
- Share it with a friend or colleague